Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Luckest Person in the World II

It happens again. This idea that I can make luck happen based on a superhuman ability has comeback to becoming the circle of interest and wonder for me and my life. I could be apophenia or coincidence I do know but my intuition, which I respect says there's more to it than basic arising fortune that come out of 'raw nature'. I feels like more than that, I feels internal, like a mental ability, yes, like a psychic power. Of course there is the whole fact that I want superhuman abilities and that this could seemingly be my desperation in a, like I said, apophenic method of understanding. Yet this doesn't stop me, its more of a faith and, as I said, an intuition.

On a Saturday, in fact two Saturdays, I was bored, I had a bored friend, we decided to be bored together at his and see what happens, maybe the Internet gets a percentage funnier, maybe I become twice as interest based on what was happening, who knows. Anyway, people came and poker was decided. Texas Hold'em if it makes an different, point was I knew how to play and it was a while since I did, I was in. We played some games and in the end I was winning, it felt odd, me just winning bit by bit, it was then that all-in was used in order to finish the whole game that I ended up winning it all. Like was a big high for me and my believe in my psi-luck. This however was nothing compared to blackjack. I'm sorry but if some three 21s in a row doesn't seem lucky you're a try pessimist but that's what happened, a few 21s and some blackjack and I was hitting it really well. Again, big high, psi-luck seeming confident.

On Sunday morning before working I decided to look up probability manipulation as in the superpower not as a paranormal/supernormal physical phenomenon and found some interesting theories on it especially on an X-men-based-wiki. In particular was an idea which made sense to my mind even if it was a seeming stench. The idea that a person's mind can affect the quantum state of things, breaking down all the possible outcomes in order to get the one they are mentally going for. For, well most of the week the idea of me having the ability to telekinetic manipulate the quantum state of events, objects, overall; outcomes.

On Thursday the whole seeing if I could influence the odds came back to me when I introduced a game of poker and won a multiple number of times, a large amount of times in a row as well. It was sensational and would've been especially good if I won the 'all in' which didn't happen, maybe I need more practice on this whole luck business or maybe something was influencing things much more than I was. There was after all a bit of cheating against me.

However, on Saturday explaining this to my friends they all seemed to think I was mad, first of my saying that the flow of cheating affect the quantum state of the cards, as well as asking why I didn't just correct the quantum state to its appropriate accuracy and then that I was using 'quantum' when it had nothing to do with quantum. This second criticism, for some reason got to me so I decided to look into quantum luck and looked into so basic, not-too-advanced stuff on the Internet, basically an article, a blog entry and then back to the comic solutions.

Today I considered the different theories to explain probability manipulation in fiction and there was some interesting ideas I remembered including 'probability fields' from the Marvelverse, 'accelerated probability' from the Heroesverse and the supernatural approach in the DC universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment